martedì 29 marzo 2011

Papatowai

And what an adventure. Amazing sunrise over the sea and great ride with Nick and the dogs along the 600 acres of farm, labor and weighing of sheep. Thoughts on the use of fear and assessments to live here.
I could not think of Alphonse Daudet and his "Lettres de mon moulin" especially the story "Les Etoiles", a period in which Daudet tells of his life he has lived by the pastor.

Nick told me of his decision to live here and how his wife was scared at the beginning of living an hour's drive from the nearest town. I asked as I asked other people if you can get used to this beauty, the play of light waves of the sea. He told me that every day the landscape changes, it is always different.

We had lunch together and I made the final round in Curio Bay in search of animals before you start hitchhiking. For a few seconds I saw a penguin but it is hidden in the bushes before I could operate the camera.

Today was really tough, I had to wait for the sum of 3 hours to 40 km. It can not always go well. I wondered why today was so 1000 times. I think I had to take the signals of Jordi and of the girl of informations of Invercagill who recommended me renting a car. Without a car, it's really hard, the places are beautiful places but extremely isolated.

Now I am alone in a hostel on a hill, Papatowai. A couple of nice architects of Sydney, Indian native, took me there. I think I have a 1.5-km dirt road from the main road, and there is none, I called the reception and they told me that I can take the bed I want and leaving money on the pillow.

I have almost finished the food, I have 2 apples, olive oil, some snacks. Now I understand why the guy who gave me the first lift showed me where to find cafes and restaurants in the area. Around me only animals, cows and sheep, all with insomnia.

The place is beautiful but is a bit cold and i'm cut off from the world and it isn't my choice, it bothers me a moment, I don't know where is the first inhabited house and tomorrow I have to move me with all my stuff.
I wanted adventure, now I have it.



E che avventura. Stamattina splendida alba sul mare e gran giro con Nick e i cani per i 600 ettari di fattoria, e lavoro di pesatura delle pecore.



Ragionamenti sull’uso della paura e valutazioni sul vivere qui.
Non ho potuto non pensare ad Alphonse Daudet e al suo “Lettres de mon moulin”, specialmente al racconto “Les etoiles”, in cui Daudet racconta un periodo della sua vita in cui ha vissuto facendo il pastore.



Nick mi ha raccontato della sua scelta di vivere qui e di come sua moglie fosse spaventata all’inizio di vivere a un’ora di strada dalla città più vicina. Gli ho chiesto, come ho chiesto ad altre persone, se ci si può abituare a questa bellezza, ai giochi di luce delle onde sul mare. Lui mi ha risposto che ogni giorno il paesaggio cambia, è sempre diverso.

Abbiamo pranzato insieme e ho fatto definitivo giro in Curio Bay a caccia di animali prima di cominciare l’autostop. Per qualche secondo ho visto un pinguino ma si è nascosto nei cespugli prima che potessi azionare la macchina fotografica.

Oggi è stata davvero dura, ho dovuto aspettare la somma di 3 ore per fare 40 km. Non può andare sempre bene. Mi sono chiesto 1000 volte perché oggi andava così. Penso che avrei dovuto cogliere i segnali di Jordi e della tizia dell’informazioni di Invercagill che mi consigliavano di noleggiare un’auto. Senza, qui è davvero dura, i posti sono magnifici ma estremamente isolati.



Ora sono solo in un ostello sopra su una collina, a Papatoway. Mi hanno portato una coppia di gentili architetti di Sidney di chiara origine indiana, penso di essere a 1.5 km di sterrato dalla strada principale, e non c’è nessuno, ho telefonato alla reception e mi hanno detto di prendere il letto che voglio e di lasciare i soldi sul cuscino.

Ho quasi finito il cibo, mi sono rimaste 2 mele, l’olio, qualche snack. Adesso capisco perché il tizio che mi ha dato il primo passaggio mi indicava dove trovare caffè e ristoranti nella zona.
Intorno a me soltanto animali, mucche e pecore, tutti con l’insonnia.

Il posto è magnifico ma è un po’ freddo e sono tagliato fuori dal mondo senza averlo scelto io, mi secca un attimo, non so nemmeno dove sia la prima casa abitata e domani devo muovermi con tutta la mia roba.
Volevo avventura, adesso ce l’ho.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento