mercoledì 2 febbraio 2011

Powerful wind in Auckland

It’s the time to tell difficulties. It’s not all so easy and so nice. Often I seem to me that I can’t understand anything or that I can’t explain me. Sometimes there is an deep exchange and it’s so wonderful. I thought to improve my English level very fast and instead it isn’t so easy.
I’m thinking to add two weeks of English course in a town of the  Southland, Queenstown. So, I should continue my study and at same time I should start to visit that area. The fact is: to communicate is very important, more important than to see a lot of beautiful landscapes.
Another row is the loneliness. Sometimes I feel fear to stay alone and I could be tempted to stick me at the first person that cross my way. Sometimes loneliness is a solution to escape from the fear of refusal or the fear of questioning myself. Loneliness may be a solution to the fear of judgment.
Imagine to be in a place with a lot of good people, nice girls… You would like that the others see the best of you or more, wouldn’t you ? But  you have several problems to communicate. Moreover, you are not too much sure about yourself. Perhaps some judgment may be it, but the most is in your mind. So, you can stay with yourself, sharing with other people the minimum of the time and minimizing the judgment. In your mind. No sharing, no risk.
It’s a difficult research of right balance. In my opinion, the most important thing to do is not make choice like an escape but listen myself and understand what is what moves into me. It isn’t easy. I need my time to do this and often I don’t give myself my time or I can’t understand myself very well. Often, I haven’t this time or the peace that I need.



I’m here for this. Before or late I’ll reach somewhere. Here I’ve finished my first week of school. It’s strange, isn’t it ? My morning class with the teacher Brian is no easy, but funny and good for my level. The afternoon class with the teacher Julz (that is very similar to Gioele) is very difficult for me.



I had an amazing lunch of Brazilian food with Monique and a funny almost Italian dinner (risotto with potatoes) with Sebastian and Fumika, with a short video where Fumika speaks Japanese. I enjoyed myself at the Seafood Festival at the Auckland’s harbor (where I knew Dino, Italian owner of the restaurant “Pane&Vino” and I listened the singer Greg Johnson) with my worldwide house mates and I did long walks in Auckland, losing myself more and more times, especially at the wonderful Auckland domain.
The wind does strange jokes in Auckland. Some days ago, during one of my walks, it took away my hat and it put down it along a motorway, and now it’s lost. On Saturday evening, it locked me in the kitchen, so I had to call help from the window to go out.
On Sunday I went to the beach of Mission Bay with my Worldwide House mates. It’s a short piece of sand with a good piece of green in front of Rangitoto island. It was a good afternoon. In the evening we stuffed ourselves with fish and chips and then we went to the pubs of the harbor until at 3 a.m., where there is a lot of amazing live music. Kiwis love good life and good music.
Monday was holiday in Auckland so, I went with Melody to the One Tree Hill.
Yesterday, I played an international match of soccer with the school, more or less, Brazil versus the rest of the world. I had some problem with my right foot again, but anyway I'm used to this now.
Auckland is a very multicultural city. The footprint is English but there is a deep medley of races. Talking with my class mate Renato and his Brazilian friends, they said me that Brazil is a good country for traveling, but not for living. Too much violence. So, a lot of Brazilian people come to Auckland. Auckland’s people, a recent research says, are very friendly and they don’t work so much. Interesting place, isn’t it ?
(Please, for mistakes or better translations can you send me an e-mail ? Thank you.)




E il momento di raccontare le difficoltà. Non è tutto così facile e piacevole. Spesso mi sembra di non riuscire a capire niente o di non riuscire a spiegarmi. A volte c'è uno scambio profondo, ed è così meraviglioso. Pensavo di migliorare il mio livello di inglese molto velocemente e invece non è così facile.
Sto pensando di aggiungere due settimane di corso di inglese in una città del Southland, Queenstown. Quindi, vorrei continuare i miei studi e allo stesso tempo potrei iniziare a visitare quella zona. Il fatto è: comunicare è molto importante, più importante che per vedere un sacco di bei paesaggi.
Un'altra argomento è la solitudine. A volte sento la paura di rimanere da solo e potrei essere tentato di attaccarmi alla prima persona che attraversa la mia strada. A volte la solitudine (a volte espressa usando internet) è una soluzione per sfuggire alla paura del rifiuto o la paura di mettere in discussione me stesso. La solitudine può essere una soluzione per la paura del giudizio.
Immaginate di essere in un posto con un sacco di brava gente, belle ragazze ... Volete che gli altri vedere il meglio di te o più, non è vero? Ma tu hai dei grossi problemi a comunicare. Inoltre, non sei troppo sicuro di te stesso. Forse alcuni giudizi ci possono essere, ma il grosso è nella tua mente. Così, si può stare con se stessi, condividendo con altre persone il minimo di tempo e minimizzando il giudizio. Nella tua mente. Nessuna condivisione, nessun rischio.
E una difficile ricerca di un giusto equilibrio. A mio parere, la cosa più importante da fare non compiere una scelta come una fuga, ma ascoltare me stesso e capire che cosa è ciò che si muove dentro di me. Non è facile. Ho bisogno del mio tempo per fare questo, e spesso non so darmi questo tempo o non riesco a capirmi molto bene. Spesso, non ho questo tempo o la pace di cui ho bisogno.

Sono qui per questo. Presto o tardi arriverò da qualche parte. Qui ho finito la mia prima settimana di scuola. È strano, non è vero? La mia morning class con il maestro Brian non è facile, ma divertente e buona per il mio livello. La afternoon class con l'insegnante Julz (che è molto simile a Gioele) è molto difficile per me.
Ho avuto un fantastico pranzo di cucina brasiliana con Monique e una divertente (quasi) italiana cena  (risotto con patate) con Sebastian e Fumika, con un breve video in cui Fumika parla giapponese.



Mi sono divertito al Seafood Festival al porto di Auckland (dove ho conosciuto Dino, proprietario italiano del ristorante "Pane & Vino" e ho ascoltato il cantante Greg Johnson) con i miei compagni di casa e ho fatto lunghe passeggiate in Auckland, perdendomi più e più volte, soprattutto nel meraviglioso parco Auckland Domain.
Il vento fa scherzi strani a Auckland. Alcuni giorni fa, durante una delle mie passeggiate, mi ha fatto volare via il cappello e l'ha buttato lungo un'autostrada, e ora è perso (ho cercato di recuperarlo ma il rischio era davvero grosso!). Sabato sera, mi ha bloccato in cucina, così ho dovuto chiamare aiuto dalla finestra per uscire.
Domenica scorsa sono andato alla spiaggia di Mission Bay con i miei compagni di casa. Si tratta di un breve tratto di spiaggia con un buon pezzo di verde, di fronte all'isola di Rangitoto. E stato un buon pomeriggio. In serata ci siamo riempiti di fish and chips e poi siamo andati al pub del porto fino alle 3 del mattino, dove c'è un sacco di ottima musica dal vivo.  I Kiwi amano la buona vita e la buona musica.
Lunedi era vacanza ad Auckland così sono andato con Melody al parco di One Tree Hill.
Ieri ho giocato una partita internazionale di calcio con la scuola, più o meno, Brasile contro il resto del mondo. Ho avuto qualche problema con il mio piede destro di nuovo, ma comunque mi sono abituato a questo ormai.
Auckland è una città molto multiculturale. L'impronta è l'inglese, ma c'è un profondo miscuglio di razze. Parlando con il mio compagno di classe di Renato e dei suoi amici brasiliani, mi hanno detto che il Brasile è un paese buono per viaggiare, ma non per vivere. Troppa violenza. Così, un sacco di gente brasiliana è venuta a Auckland. La gente di Auckland, dice una recente ricerca, é molto amichevole e non lavora così tanto. Interessante luogo, non è vero?

3 commenti:

  1. Prima o poi dentro di te troverai il giusto equilibrio…
    Nel frattempo hai fatto questa scoperta…hai riconosciuto che non sei sempre in sintonia con te stesso…ma chi lo è?
    Sei NICOLA, hai reazioni, emozioni, pensieri e paure…e lo stai già dicendo a qualcuno, TE!
    Il tempo?…C’è sempre bisogno di tempo…Vedrai che il tempo e la pace dei quali senti il bisogno ti troveranno…forse devi solo aspettare un po’, probabilmente ora devi capire qualcos’altro!!!
    Buon proseguimento, ti voglio bene! Un ABBRACCIO! Silvia V.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Dear Nick, it's woonderful read your news. Even if you are sad. We all are near you. The photos that you posted on FB, they are beautiful, and they make me envious, very envious. Enjoy every piece of time that you have, even if you think it's not enough. Very few people find the natural balance between what they want to do and what they are able to do. You are in the right way. So, good luck!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Dear Nick, it's good to hear from you!
    I understand your feelings of loneliness, which are linked to the fact of being in a place with a different culture, where all of your points of reference are far away. I also felt alone when abroad, and it is not pleasant at all. Don't worry, pretty soon you'll be able to better communicate with other people, and things will change for sure.
    Enjoy your experience and take care!
    Big hug!

    RispondiElimina